Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Some loose tenon Joinery tips ...

On 2/4/2013 8:40 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Ahhh, *now* I think I see why you and Karl (Swingman) have been talking past each other for
the last two days -- something which I observed about two posts into your exchange, but I
kept quiet because while I could see it happening, I had no idea *why* it was happening.

Now I do.

I'm not so sure.

There is no "talking past" involved when taking issue with John's
blanket statements that it is a "time burning distraction" to make
custom sized tenons instead of purchasing them, when it is in fact a
time saving, cost effective, and most often necessary requirement in the
application of good joinery principles when using loose tenon joinery.

That, in a nutshell, is all there is to it ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net