Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bluey69 Bluey69 is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On 1/02/2013 7:28 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

1) Well, if the person is a first time gun buyer,
and the check is approved. Do you think that
person can now be called a "gun owner"?

Would that mean that pretty much anyone who
calls for background check is a gun owner?
Isn't that what I just wrote?

Not until he passes the background check. And if he doesn't, he isn't
going to be one, either.

But he may be a criminal if he's not qualified and he lies on the
application.

They could be come a criminal after the back ground check and a
succesful purchase.
Here in Australia every purchase of a firearm requires a Permit to
Purchase and a back ground check ,my last purcahse of a fire arm took
eight weeksd before I got the permit from the police .
The dealer will submit the details of the firearm and licence number to
the police and a few weeks later you get your registration paper.
We have to keep our firearms locked in safes in our homes and the police
can call anytime to do an audit .There are certain requirements
regarding gun safes , they have to meet a standard that satisfies the
inspecting police officer.
It's a time consuming process designed to **** people off so they decide
its too hard and give up the shooting sports.

Of course we have the usual antigun ****wits constantly badgering the
Govt to legislate even tighter gun laws.
Despite all the laws and hoops we have to jump through , and bans on
certain types of fire arms ( semi auto's) people still get shot.

I wanted to buy some projectiles from Brownells for realoding , guess
what ? I'm not allowed to import projectiles or brass to reload unless I
get the approval of my State police Commissioner.

So I say to you guys in the US stick to your guns ( excuse the pun ,but
you know what I mean)Once gun control laws are enacted its difficult to
get rid of them and the anti guns will keep chipping away and lobbying
until they are satisfied that there are no guns in private hands.