Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default Huhne pleads guilty..

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:22:04 +0000, Alexander Lamaison
wrote:

Which is why using westminster-speak like this to address him is such a
stupid idea.

I don't see it as Westminster-speak, more as one person trying to
pacify another. If you didn't know the background story and just read
the excerpts, you'd think: "What an ungrateful little *******!"

Maybe that would have been considered unacceptable some years ago (I'm
not going to try and guess your age :-P) but the way his son reacts to
him seems pretty standard to me.

He was determined not to be pacified, because he is something of a
fool who didn't realise that by blackmailing his own father, he was
damaging his mother almost as much.

As has been said elsewhere, who does he think paid for everything in
his privileged Western lifestyle? I repeat, I believe I had much
worse things to contend with in more than one of my five parents, but
I do not recall ever stooping to blackmail or abuse of them.