Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

Well I have managed to get it apart but as i say, I cant see any fuse.

And I was baffled enough by the instruction that 'one fuse is integral in the pump motor' that I decided not to bother with Nespresso much more.

Someone tell me i am wrong and the fuse is obvious please!

With a test meter you should be able to follow the wiring and

find where it goes open. That's the approach to fix this kind of

thing. That fuse in the motor is likely a thermal fuse to protect it

in case it shorts out. I would suspect the other fuse may be a

thermal fuse too, located where it can sense if the heater has

gotten too hot.

My approach with the motor would be to figure out what voltage

it runs on, ie is it the same voltage as the outlet? Probably is,

but you need to verify. Then I'd disconnect the motor and use

some test leads to hook it up to whatever voltage it expects

and see if it runs. If it doesn't then you know the fuse inside

and/or the motor itself are kaput. If it does, you rule it out.

The second place I'd look is at the wiring going into the heater.

The other fuse is likely mounted against the heating tank.

It may look like a button type thing. There is also going to

be some kind of thermostat to cycle the heater and you need

to not misidentify and think that is the thermal fuse.

If you can't do the above yourself, maybe you could find a

friend that can help. Sounds like you don't have anything to

lose at this point... Also, did you google for "espresso xxx fuse

locations", etc?

You are right about my expertise, which makes Nespresso's attitude somewhat worse?

Almost all of these expresso machines use the same pump and I have dismantled both the 120 v pump and the 240 volt one and both are the same except for the outer casing wich holds the electrical bit which seems to have more windings for the 240 v version. There are only four parts, the (central) pump, the electronic bit around it, and two metal bits which mesh in with each other and hold the whole thing together

I have seen this pump and it is one of those and I cant see any fuse anywhere near it, though everything in there is quite compressed and not much is all that visible without taking the whole thing apart which would take quite along time!

I think I will stick with testing the Keurig Breville which seems to get slightly better reviews for the coffee-basket adapter, which seems to be semi-permanent? The Nespresson one only seems to work a few times according to (some) reviews.