Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:48:20 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Somebody wasn't using their head when they let the NRA get away with
that one.

So you are admitting that the ATF is going into gunstores on fishing
expeditions?

Is that your admission?

I have no idea what they're looking for on those trips, and neither do
you. I suspect, though, that one purpose is that it's the way they
identify FFL holders who are supplying a disproportionate number of
guns that wind up in criminal hands. They do report that some small
percentage of FFL holders sell an extraordinarily high percentage of
guns confiscated from criminals.

Actually..Ive worked in pawn shops and gun stores..and have several
friends who USED to work for the ATF.

However, you do have a vivid, and paranoid, imagination. d8-)

Hardly paranoia.

AFAIC, I'd prefer if they didn't have to go in at all. They should
have 100% of those records in their database -- the failed ones, plus
the approved ones, with complete data on any gun(s) purchased.

Im sure you would Comrade.

Then they'd have a start on tracking down straw purchasers and they'd
have the evidence needed to prosecute a lot of gun thieves.

Straw purchasers are now gun thieves?

Mostly, it would make straw purchasing a high-risk criminal
enterprise. That's good.

Actually buying a gun remains legal in "those states" Selling a
weapon to a proscribed person still remains illegal. Instacheck
works quite nicely..yet you want registration Comrade....

Hey, I have to go now, Gunner. My assignment started coming in and I
just got another one. I'll be busy for a long time.

Finger painting or clay figurines in the rec ward?

Hasta luego.

--
Ed Huntress

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way to the mental health
clinic.

Gunner

1. Lie