Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Huhne pleads guilty..

On Feb 5, 12:20*am, "ARW" wrote:
Lobster wrote:
On 04/02/13 18:43, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Don't you think though, that we expect our politicians to be
saints? I mean, the general public at large *is not, so why do
we expect these people to be any different. I think it will be
very funny as if he is pleading guilty, and his wife not
guilty, where does that place the truth?

He's pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice (by
trying to palm his points off on his wife).

She's trying to plead not guilty on the grounds that he made her
do it.
Actually, she may not have had the chance. Summons comes through
door, Huhne fills it in and says 'wifey was driving'

At that point she has very little option beyond shopping him there
and then, and breaking up the marriage, *or taking the hit.

What happens next is that a second summons arrives, addressed to the
nominated driver. *I'm sure that if said party kicked off and said "no
way" that it would be perfectly feasible for the originally accused
person (ie the registered owner) to say "oh yes, now I remember,
actually it *was* me driving the car that day", and to cop for the
offence without any other offence being committed.

She is only complicit by her failure to shop him at the time.

The event happened years ago, when they were apparently happily
*married. Who knows what exactly happened? *I'm sure it's extremely
commonplace between couples for one to cop the points if they have a
clean licence, in order to let the guilty one get away with it (who
otherwise would lose his licence and maybe the family's livelihood
with it).
It was only after the Huhnes fell out that this incident became
public.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. He knobbed another woman and he got
caught by the wife.

The fact that it was 10 years ago that she took the 3 points for speeding
does not matter to her. Her claws are out. You cannot reason with them when
you have not been caught with your trousers down - so what chance do you
have when you have been caught shagging someone else?

--
Adam

You seem to have experience in this sort of thing?