Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow along US/Mexico border?

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:30:43 +0000, nestork
wrote:

Thanks, guys.

Up here, when I watch football and baseball games that are being
broadcast from a southern US city, the one thing that never ceases to
catch my attention is how the people in the stands are just wearing
light windbreakers and autumn jackets in January and February, and how
much shorter the shadows are (meaning the Sun is higher in the sky
there).

The coldest day here, so far this winter, has had a high in the upper
40s and a low in the low 20s. Most days in January and February have
the high near 60F and the low around 40F. I'm in Atlanta, which is a
*long* way from Miami or AZ.

I would have never expected there to be snow on the US/Mexico border,
but I fully expect that the mountain areas would have plenty of snow,
even in Mexico (cuz the warm moist air gains altitude as it gets pushed
over the mountains).

It's rare but it even reaches 80F in January in Vermont. Well, maybe
once. ;-)

I learn something every day. But, not everything I learn is worth
knowing.