Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 14:56:10 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 08:37:38 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

"Use of a firearm in a crime results in a mandatory death sentence",
that ought to cut down gun crime a bit.

Oh, yeah. We're one of the few developed countries in the world with a
death sentence for murder, but we still have one of the highest murder
rates of any country where they bother to keep a count of them.

If we'd allow our cops to simply take out the murderers (Y'know, the
guys who still have the guns/knives in their hands at the murder

Cops, as well as ordinary citizens are already allowed to do exactly that, and it occurs about 550 times per year.

site), instead of carefully taking them into custody to stand trial,
the murders would quickly clear up. Zero Recidivism Starts Here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifi...#United_States

"A non-criminal homicide, usually committed in self-defense or in defense of another, may be called in some cases in the United States. A homicide may be considered justified if it is done to prevent a very serious crime, such as rape, armed robbery, manslaughter or murder. The assailant's intent to commit a serious crime must be clear at the time. A homicide performed out of vengeance, or retribution for action in the past, would largely not be considered justifiable."