Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless water heaters -- inneresting take.

On 2/4/2013 10:48 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 2/4/2013 8:22 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"Attila Iskander" wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message

-snip-

In some parts of my state, electricity is stored behind dams. ^_^

And do they actually suck water from downstream to pump it back into
the dam
??

Don't know where TDD is-- but in NY-- Yes! Every night.

Here's one I watched them build in the 70's-
http://www.nypa.gov/facilities/blengil.htm

5 billion gallons on top of the hill-- Takes more power to pump it
back up, but it is 'off peak' power that would have been shunted to
the ground otherwise.

Jim

That may be what I read about years ago. By the way, I reside in
beautiful Alabamastan. There's a lot of hydro power in the Northern
part of the state along with some nuclear reactors. The TVA project
from the last century did a lot to bring electricity to us
Hillbillies. ^_^

I worked on this project as a young engineer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manicouagan_Reservoir
The drainage area for the dam is about half the size of Rhode Island.

Cool, so that's the what's left of the cataclysmic impact that killed
the French Canadian dinosaurs. ^_^

TDD