Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

On Feb 3, 10:04*pm, Amanda Ripanykhazova
wrote:
Well I have managed to get it apart but as i say, I cant see any fuse.

And I was baffled enough by the instruction that 'one fuse is integral in the pump motor' that I decided not to bother with Nespresso much more.

Someone tell me i am wrong and the fuse is obvious please!

With a test meter you should be able to follow the wiring and
find where it goes open. That's the approach to fix this kind of
thing. That fuse in the motor is likely a thermal fuse to protect it
in case it shorts out. I would suspect the other fuse may be a
thermal fuse too, located where it can sense if the heater has
gotten too hot.

My approach with the motor would be to figure out what voltage
it runs on, ie is it the same voltage as the outlet? Probably is,
but you need to verify. Then I'd disconnect the motor and use
some test leads to hook it up to whatever voltage it expects
and see if it runs. If it doesn't then you know the fuse inside
and/or the motor itself are kaput. If it does, you rule it out.

The second place I'd look is at the wiring going into the heater.
The other fuse is likely mounted against the heating tank.
It may look like a button type thing. There is also going to
be some kind of thermostat to cycle the heater and you need
to not misidentify and think that is the thermal fuse.

If you can't do the above yourself, maybe you could find a
friend that can help. Sounds like you don't have anything to
lose at this point... Also, did you google for "espresso xxx fuse
locations", etc?