Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Some loose tenon Joinery tips ...

"dadiOH" wrote:
Swingman wrote:

..
Nice post, Swingman.

Thanks.

There is no doubt - in my mind at least - that loose tenons are great
things. And a slot morising machine would be a thing of joy. For those of
us who really can't justify the cost of same, here is a link to a home brew
one. Quite a good one too.

It was made by the wood gear guy who has been linked to here at various
times. And with good reason, he is a very clever fellow.

http://woodgears.ca/slot_mortiser/index.html

Matthias is indeed a clever fellow. If the opportunity had not presented
itself to buy a Multi-Router when most of the cost could be rolled into a
job, I probably would have tried something like his homemade, at least
until the larger Domino came out. Using a router jig for loose tenon
_mortises_ for _small shop production work_ (ie, multiple parts for
multiple identical pieces), like the one I posted in another thread, is
indeed a "time burning distraction" .... and much less accurate to boot.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)