Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default shock proof and non shock test indicators

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:23:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

I have a Fowler tenths indicator..and they couldnt service it for less
than the price of a new one. And it was NOS. It came busted.

I service machinery in machine shops daily..and I find a ****load of
Peacock and other Chinese brands in daily use in them. They work fine.
They may or may not last as long as a Mity...but they cost 1/4th as
much and when they go tits up in 2-4 yrs..toss em into the ****can and
get another one from the office.

Or give them to that crazy guy that keeps the machinery running for
them for parts.

I had a 5 gallon bucket filled with such a couple months ago. I was
passing them out to anyone who wanted one. Still have a shoe box
full. Want one?

Gunner

1. Lie