Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default About 3 in one oil??

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 19:45:51 -0800, Erik wrote:

It does 3 jobs, stops rust, lubricates, and protects, according to
their early advertising copy.

3 in one general purpose oil gums pretty badly.

I agree.

I have used it for years on small electric motors and other smallish
things that need lubrication. It's always worked fine for me. Because
I got several cans in a box of goodies at an auction, what I have is
old. I dont know if the new stuff is as good. Recently I had an
electric heater with a blower fan that was getting real noisy. A few
drops on the bearings and it's been running quiet ever since. It runs
almost continually and has been at least 2 months since I lubed it.