Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

On Feb 3, 5:48*pm, Amanda Ripanykhazova
wrote:
I also have a Nespresso LeCube *which also doesnt work. Nespresso arent interested in assisting, even though there IS in fact a fuse in it, in fact the service manual says there are two fuses, neither of which I can find.

I assume they think that if the dont help, and I am addicted to their pods, I will have to buy a new machine. *That is why they put curious oval headed screws on their *machines for which no one has the screwdriver?

I just took a look at my Nespresso machine for those
oval shaped screws. I was like what? I was expecting
to find some screw head I had seen before. Boy was
I surprised! At first, I though I was looking at the head of
some kind of rivet. The head part is almost round, but
looking really hard, it does appear to have ever so slight
an oval shape to it. I googled for "oval head security screw"
and came up with a bunch of hits, all related to Nespresso.
Didn't read too much, but folks were talking about ways
to make a tool, one that was available on Ebay for $40.
etc......

I have a set of security bits and when I get a chance I'll
take a look and see if there is a bit there that fits it, but
I doubt it. It really ****es me off when I find things like
that and makes me less likely to buy a Nespresso again.

If you can get it apart you may be able to find out what's
wrong with it. You say it has two fuses and at least one
of them is likely a thermal fuse which is typical in this
kind of product. They are placed as a thermal safety and
if thing gets too hot, the fuse melts and opens. It's not
unusual for them to sometimes open anyway, even if
there was no overtemp condition.

In any way, I was trying to get one of these machines to make coffee with ordinary coffee so that is the experiment I am trying as I am sick of spending huge amounts of money on pods. *That was why someone gave me the Breville.

(And on balance more users seem satisfied with the refill-your-own on Keurig than Nespresso?)

I agree about the size of the coffee produced (by ANY normal machine) as i indicated.

All I am saying is that I am glad I didn't pay anything for it but am prepared to pay under ten bucks to get a coffee holder and try it out!

I would at least start with the correct pods for it. *As I pointed

out,

I tried one of the "refill your own pods" for the Nespresso on Ebay

and

it was totally unusable.- Hide quoted text -