Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default About 3 in one oil??

wrote the following on 2/3/2013 5:43 PM (ET):
On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 16:18:19 -0600,
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 15:46:51 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

On 2/3/13 3:32 PM, Tegger wrote:
"OMB" No-spam@this-address wrote in
:

The only light oil I know is the 3 in one stuff, but I don't know how
it holds up over a year or so. Does it tend to gum up or does it stay
thin?

Try a gun shop, or a sewing-machine repair place.

My parents used to call 3 in 1 sewing machine oil. I searched
Amazon for sewing machine oil out of curiosity. 3 in 1 was in the
results.
http://tinyurl.com/agfhq3k
My parents used to have the stuff called "sewing machine oil". In my
opinion, it's the same thing as 3 in 1 oil, minus the odor.
Oil is oil, it just the thickness that matters.... both of these are a
very thin oil.

Why is it called "3 in 1" anyhow? Does anyone know?

Because that's the company's name?

http://www.3inone.com/

Maybe now, since it was bought out by the WD40 company.
I have in my hand an old 3 oz. can of 3-IN-ONE Household Oil with about
an ounce and half left and the company name is Boyle-Midway Inc. New
York, NY. 10017.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY