Posted to alt.home.repair

Default About 3 in one oil??

I have little experience with fishing reels. But for electric motors, zoom
spout turbine oil is the way to go. Lasts a long time, and doesn't dry up.
For electric motors, 3 in 1 gums up promptly.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"OMB" No-spam@this-address wrote in message
This is something I am doing at home, besides you guys have a lot of great
info that is hard to find elsewhere.

Spring is almost here, and that means fishing - at least for me. I have six
spinning reels that I am cleaning and lubing. I use to use white silicon
grease, but it tends to harden up a bit. I was wondering if a light oil
would maybe do the job better.

The only light oil I know is the 3 in one stuff, but I don't know how it
holds up over a year or so. Does it tend to gum up or does it stay thin?

I try to clean and lube my reels once a year when I put on new line.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Bob-tx