Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

Apologise for that everyone: I kept looking at the back where the manual says it is and couldn't see a switch: It is plain and obvious at a position where I couldn't see it (because of its positioning in my kitchen) on the SIDE. Once i took it out of the kitchen, I saw immediately and the unit sprang to life! (It seems to be missing the water filter & holding mechanism which apparently isnt needed unless you have lots of calcium in your water and the water tank has some sludge at the bottom which looks a bit difficult to clean)

I agree about the reviews: They are split between those who absolutely love it and say it works perfectly and those whose machine leaks and spews coffee and grounds all over the place and cant get any satisfaction out of Breville. It does seem reasonably clear that it wont produce a 24oz gigantic cup of espresso but as I have never had need of such a thing, it seems worthwhile trying for myself to see if it can produce a normal cup.

All I am saying is that I am glad I didn't pay anything for it but am prepared to pay under ten bucks to get a coffee holder and try it out!