Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

Someone just gave me one of these expresso machines. I can't figure out how to use it. The owners manual seems to just assume the machine works, that you prime it, press MENU to get it to show functions etc.

When I plug it in, all that happens is that the clock turns on. Nothing lights up, no buttons seem to do anything. I am a bit reluctant to put any water into it if this wont do anything but is that the problem? Or must I buy a dozen or two pods to ascertain that the unit doesnt work? (it doesn't have the reusable pod or holder but they seem to be cheap on e-bay)

There are reports on line of an on/off switch somewhere on it but I cant find it anywhere.

Is there a way to simply reset the unit to make it work? I understand it should light up when plugged in or isnt it intuitive that at least pressing the menu button should either do something or give an error message of some type? (eg put some water in it!!)