Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Repairing a rubber roof

wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 20:07:27 -0500, "TomR" wrote:

I am looking for any suggestions or information regarding making
repairs to a rubber roof.

I worked as a maintenance and repair person for a business years ago.
That building had rubber roofing, and they had some leaks. They told
me to fix it. Having never worked on them, I had to do some calling
until I found a place that installs as well as sells the materials
for them. They told me exactly what I needed, asked me how much
repair (size) was needed and sold us the materials. It's mostly a
special adhesive, and a cleaner that is needed. The cleaner was
Naptha. But I dont remember the name of the adhesive. Dont skip the
cleaner, the patch wont hold. It really needs to be cleaned till only
bare rubber is showing. Then you apply the adhesive. We got a small
roll of the rubber too, for patching over damaged spots. You may or
may not need that.

Once we had all the repair materials, and a (how to) booklet they
provided, it really was not that hard to do. But you need the right
materials. Look for a company that sells the rubber roofing supplies
and contact them. No special tools were needed.

You might find some repair info on the web too.

I also just found this YouTube video about EternaBond EPDM Roof Repair that
looks helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQlDL5DmzUk .