Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default This DIY Power Outlet Adds a Pair of Good-Looking Plugs to Any Desk or Surface

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 01:22:36 -0600, wrote:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 14:44:29 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

As far as I know, there is nothing illegal about installing a
receptacle face up, but it doesn't seem like a good idea

NEC
406.4(E) Receptacles in Countertops and Similar Work Surfaces in
Dwelling Units. Receptacles shall not be installed in a face-up
position in countertops or similar work surfaces.

I haven't done any electrical work since 2000. I tried to google a
1996 NEC to see if this requirement was in there. I didn't have any
luck. I still have the 1996 NEC somewhere, but don't have any
motivation to look.