Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Toilet bowl recommendations

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:59:06 -0500, George
wrote:

I always wondered why toilets were designed with such a low seat
height. I just measured out typical wood kitchen chairs and the seat
is 17 1/2" high.

I think some of it has to do with the way the body works. I saw
something recently that women often have difficulty using the higher
seats and should put a step stool in front so they can bring their
knees up a bit.

We had some short oriental women working for us and they would stand
on the seat and squat. I've also seen toilets that were little more
than a tray at floor level. At least they had hand rails to hold on
to. It was in a public toilet and they gave you a ration of tissue
too.

That's the type they had in a camping on Lahe Garda when I was there as a
kid circa 1960. We went there 2 years in a row. The second year the
German visitors had complained about the toilets so much they were
replaced with for us "normal" thrones.

--
Best regards
Han