Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default This DIY Power Outlet Adds a Pair of Good-Looking Plugs to Any Desk or Surface

gregz wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 01:59:01 +0000 (UTC), gregz

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:37:44 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 02-02-2013 14:44, Metspitzer wrote:
As far as I know, there is nothing illegal about installing a
receptacle face up, but it doesn't seem like a good idea.

That would make most power strips a bad idea, no?

Mounted flush, right side up, they probably are a bad idea. Of all
the power strips I have, I don't believe any have the outlets facing
upwards.

I have outlet strips with outlets on three sides. You would have to mount
it upside down or hanging to comply, and isn't designed to be mounted.

You really do like octopus wiring! Got a link to one of these
killers?

I could not find them being sold by the manufacturer anymore. I bought a
few which I thought was a great deal by Curtis. Some kind of buyout. 6
outlets on the sides so walwarts face up. 3 more on top. Filtering and
surge. Long cord with small footprint plug.

Greg

Actually found a picture, even cheaper than I paid. Different plug.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=sp8200t

Greg