Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a rubber roof

When my traileer roof leaked, the only thing helped was a gallon can of roof
tar (silverized) and some fiberglass pads. These, from roof section of Home
Depot. Bought a brand new trowel for the event. Of course, it was summer
time.

Shovel tar on, put the fiberglass down, more tar over that.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"TomR" wrote in message
I am looking for any suggestions or information regarding making repairs to
a rubber roof.

The roof in question is on a small rectangular building (about 20 feet x 35
feet), and the roof itself is shaped sort of like a "Quonset hut". It is
straight on the two sides, and it curves up from one side to the peak and
then curves back down to the other side of the building. Or, to put it
another way, the shape of the roof is like a semi-circle.

There are a couple of short seams that appear to have been repaired in the
past, and those overlapping seams have buckled a little and are letting
water in.

To be honest, I am just looking for a cheap temporary repair or fix for now.
The building needs a lot of work and it is going to be put up for sale and
sold for cheap very soon. It will be obvious and no secret to the potential
buyers that it will need a new roof. But, for now, I would like to just get
the leak sealed to get it through the winter and into the summer while it is
up for sale. The property is in Central New Jersey.

Are there rubber repair patches or some other similar solution that could be
applied to this roof to temporarily repair the seams that are now leaking?