Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water softener

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 17:20:24 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

I hear ya. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets
you.

Hi,
Last time when I installed softener replacing aging Kenmore one with
Fleck SXT5600. I used shark bites which worked out pretty good. I always
make sure I
ave good lighting specially trying to correctly thread two pieces
together. Hope I don't have to replace softener again rest of my life time.

I have a Fleck controller (digital). I went ahead and replaced
everything. Resin tank, brine tank and installed the controller.

I took longer to get the new resin in the resin tank than connecting
the softener to the supply lines. Granted I did buy the correct height
and the plumbing was already in place.

Company wanted $2500.00 -- my cost was ~$450.00 and little time.

Happy as a gopher in soft sand :-\
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld