Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This DIY Power Outlet Adds a Pair of Good-Looking Plugs to Any Desk or Surface

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 15:33:12 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 2, 4:05*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:37:44 -0500, Wes Groleau

wrote:
On 02-02-2013 14:44, Metspitzer wrote:
As far as I know, there is nothing illegal about installing a
receptacle face up, but it doesn't seem like a good idea.

That would make most power strips a bad idea, no?

An outlet mounted face up on a table top seems like a bad idea.

Eveery outlet strip I have seen ended up with the outlets facing
straight up when they are used.

Exactly zero of mine are. Most are screwed to the bottom of
tables/desks or to the wall. Why would they be pointing up? Sounds
like you're into octopus wiring.