Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet bowl recommendations

On Saturday 02 February 2013 16:29 Harry K wrote in alt.home.repair:

I recommend my solution. Wife disabled, I put up grab bars and
railings everywhere I could. The bgreatest one was a grab bar just
short of armslength in front of the throne about shoulder heitht when
sitting. First time I used I was wishing I had put one there 30 years
ago. Amazing eaze of getting uop.

My loo is set into an "alcove" at one end of a mostly small L-shaped
bathroom - which means that I have an external corner to the right of the
loo and a door frame to the immediate left - giving a couple of impromptu
hand holds.

I'm only 45 but recovering from a hernia operation last year, those hand
holds where bloody useful for a couple of weeks!

It's hard to appreciate how it feels to be old and weak until it happens, or
you get a short reminder like I did.

+1 to hand holds, if the person in question might need them.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."