Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HT capacitor balancing Rs , necessity ?

"N_Cook"

Well I call them HT balancing Rs anyway, in valve amps. Where 2 HV caps
are
used in series to avoid using extra high voltage single caps. I always
thought they needed 100K to 200K across each to balance out likelihood of
midpoint voltage drifting up or down and exceeding the rating of one cap
of
the pair.

** Not needed in most cases, the electro caps will simply balance themselves
at a mutually satisfactory leakage current.

The idea come from series connected, high voltage film caps which DO need
them or it is snap crackle pop time.

.... Phil