Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default dish rack beside kitchen sink

On 02-01-2013 03:49, Pete C. wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Buy her a dishwasher and eliminate the rack. Saves water and dishes
are more sanitary.

I doubt it. My dishwasher takes a little over 1200 cubic inches of
water four to six times. (And takes how long?) And it heats the water
for washing and the air for drying with a very large heating element.

My sink takes a little under 1200 in³ twice. (and finishes much faster)
And the water is heated with gas.

On top of that, _some_ "dishwashers" are only for rinsing. You have to
pre-soak and or scrub everything first.

You still need a dish rack, there will always be hand was items and
other things that need a rack to rest on and dry.

I used dishwasher for several years and never needed a rack.
The two or three no-dishwasher items were washed, shaken off, and
set on a paper towel.

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, €œThat preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."