Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Wiping Poly - Home Brew on Top of Factory

I use a fair amount of wiping poly finish and have used pre-mixed and my own 50/50 (poly/spirits) brew.

I have a small project in the garage and decided to use the remainder of a can of Minwax Wipe-on satin. First two coats are on but I am probably going to run short. Does anyone see a problem with putting home brew (above) on top of the factory mixed? I have a can of Minwax Satin and spirits. My main concern is making sure the dulling agent in the canned finish works on top of the premixed finish.

Just trying to keep from making a 40 mile round trip to buy another can of wipe on (we are rural).

Thanks
RonB