Posted to uk.d-i-y
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Something slower setting than superglue - SATA power connectorrepair

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:14:50 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 02/02/2013 16:01, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
I have a brand new Seagate 3TB SATA 3 drive with the power connector
plastic bit snapped off.

snip

I have a load of SATA to Molex power adaptor leads - so I then stuck on
of those on it so that I could disconnect it at the other end of the
lead at a later date if required.

Just looked and there are SATA power lead extenders so I may go with one
of those - although I have been pointed in 'uk.comp.homebuilt' to
connectors which combine a SATA data lead and power lead (much like the
adapters for external USB drives) with a Molex adapter.

This could be more rigid that just a power extension.

http://dx.com/p/sata-7-15p-sata-7-4p-data-power-cable-30cm-length-58857
and
http://www.maplin.co.uk/sata-ii-r-a-...molex-sata-ii-
cable-351963