Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to get rid of ciggy/nicotine smell on PC compnent?

Owain wrote:
On Feb 2, 9:09 am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
This stuff is good. You only need a drop.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-3-5g-Thermal-Paste/dp/B0002VFXFE

Yes, I had some in. A small tube goes a very long way.

Is it possible to use too much?

Yes, the ideal is the thinnest possible continuous layer between the
item to be cooled and the heatsink. More reduces the rate of heat transfer.

I changed a CPU fan and used the whole tube.

Apart from the mess, a thick layer is less effective at transferring the
heat.The idea is to just fill the (normally invisible to the naked eye)
roughness in both surfaces for best heat transfer.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.