Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] a2rjh@altavista.net is offline

Default name of this hinge?

On Feb 1, 1:38*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
See link:

http://s1142.beta.photobucket.com/us...hinge.jpg.html

This exterior door hinge is mounted to the interior face of the door. It
has a right angle bend to it, forming a flange about 1/4" wide. The
mating half is flat and mortised into the jamb.

I would like to source new hinges of this exact size and style, but I
don't know what to search for. Is there a name for this particular style
of hinge?

Looks like half mortise/half lap hinge. From 1930's-50's. Restoration
places usually have them. Installation is usually paired with glass/
hollow brass door knobs. Have a few pairs, but I used it for backup.
Can't remember who made it. However, if you strip the paint you may
find who manufactured it. Ones I have were diamond shaped mark and
mfr's name on it.