Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Preparing for a new water heater....

after a lifetime of running out of hot water my current tank is 75
gallons 75,000 BTUs... endless hot water without the downsides of
tankless I have 2 washing machines, a dishwasher and 3 people
living here

My last tank was 50 gallons 75,000 BTUs, when it started seeping I
couldnt find a 50 gallon tank so I went with the 75 gallon one.... the
50 gallon tank was fine.....

Friends have wimpy 30 and 40 gallon tanks 25,000 BTU...... I couldnt
live with that

the better tank doesnt cost that much more and my theory. a small tank
means the tank itself cycles hot cold a lot, where larger tanks with
more BTUs lead a less stressful life, they dont got hot cold so much