Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default name of this hinge?

In article , dpb wrote:

On 2/1/2013 1:38 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
See link:

http://s1142.beta.photobucket.com/us...hinge.jpg.html

This exterior door hinge is mounted to the interior face of the door. It
has a right angle bend to it, forming a flange about 1/4" wide. The
mating half is flat and mortised into the jamb.

I would like to source new hinges of this exact size and style, but I
don't know what to search for. Is there a name for this particular style
of hinge?

They're an offset hinge and I've not seen one in like 50+ years other
than the couple of pairs that have that were taken off some doors in the
old farmhouse here--they were used in several places but are of ca. 1915
vintage. Lots of luck in finding a current source--I've no ideas where
to tell you to try.

Oh, maybe some of the preservation/restoration sites (but they'll
undoubtedly be priced at a premium if find them there, either)???

--

Thanks. Offset seems a good word, but a google image search for offset
hinge wasn't fruitful. As I mentioned in another response, house was