Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preparing for a new water heater....

On Feb 1, 5:45*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
On Feb 1, 3:26*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:

Awl --

Apropos of the recent threads on anodes, tank/tankless, etc, what are the
alternatives to running off *to HD/Sears on the day my water heater goes?
Are there water heaters out there that are demonstrably superior to others?
Review sources? Can they be shipped in a timely way?

Consumer reports has ratings... *but they hold them back.... *an otherwise
good discussion.http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/w...ying-guide.htm
Inybody got the ratings?

More discussion hehttp://www.consumersearch.com/water-...-water-heaters

Ahm thinkin electric -- but even with the better thermodynamics, more
expensive, fuel-wise, apparently.
--
EA

"Are there water heaters out there that are demonstrably superior to
others?"

Yes.

"Review sources?"

My own experience. Something like 20 years ago, I preferred to use
fuel oil. I used above ground tanks and my hot water heater of choice
was always Bock.

http://www.bockwaterheaters.com/

In my opinion recovery rate is the biggest factor.

In addition, back then I preferred Carlin Burners. Easy to service and
very well made.

http://www.carlincombustion.com/

I pretty much prefer to go with high quality commercial grade stuff
for just about anything I'm involved with:

http://www.bockwaterheaters.com/Prod...lue_multi.html