David Hall

Default Grizzly G5959Z cabinet saw, 12" 5HP - safe hauling

"Ollie" wrote in message ...
"Dave Mundt" wrote in message
Greetings and Salutations...
I am not a professional mover, but, have moved some pretty
heavy things. Unless you are adventuresome, or experienced
in moving heavy things around, you might want to seek
professional help (and I do mean a rigger...not therapy *smile*).

What ever you do, DO NOT HAVE ANYONE BELOW THE LOAD WHILE
GOING DOWNSTAIRS!

Dave,
Thanks for very relevant hints. I have already taken some of the steps that
you did recommend, such as I moved the table top and wings. The shipping
weight was over 600 lbs and the remaining weight is around 350 lbs.

Where I could get the professional help and how much it would cost? Would
that be cheaper than to buy the hand truck and all other required
auxiliaries? I was looking some hand trucks from Grizzley. What do you
think about those?

Cheers, Ollie

Rent a good one from U-Haul or Home Depot. Unless of course you intend
to make a habit of moving these kinds of weight up and down your
stairs.

Not to be nosey (OK, just because I am nosey) what kind of stuff are
you going to be building down in that basement that needs a 5 HP, 12"
to 14" tablesaw? On second thought, you may need to buy that hand
truck to move those massive timbers down stairs and whatever you build
from them back upstairs

Dave Hall