Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preparing for a new water heater....

In rec.crafts.metalworking Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

Apropos of the recent threads on anodes, tank/tankless, etc, what are the
alternatives to running off to HD/Sears on the day my water heater goes?
Are there water heaters out there that are demonstrably superior to others?
Review sources? Can they be shipped in a timely way?

There's always commercial units, like from AO Smith. They'll start in
larger sizes though. It's anecdotal, but I've not seen one rust through on
the 6th year like the stuff at box stores. They must be making strange
fractional guage sheet metal in china that's engineered to rust through
the second the warranty is up on regular water heaters these days.