Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default How to get rid of ciggy/nicotine smell on PC compnent?

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 05:37:37 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On 1 Feb, 12:54, Lobster wrote:
On 01/02/2013 11:26, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

I'd try it out to make sure it's working if it came from ebay, never
mind whether it smells.

I don't know why it is that so many people are so down on ebay. *I think
used with care (ie to avoid the obvious scams) it's utterly brilliant.
I must have done about 700 trades over 10 years (about 70:30
buying:selling) and reckon the number of those which haven't ended up
100% satisfactory could be counted on one hand.

+1

I had one buyer so guilty at the bargain he got that he sent me an
extra fiver!

MBQ

I've done that twice! Both collect in person.

First time was a wirless access point that went for 99p. It was
practically new in box and I gave him a fiver.

Second time was a PC PSU, can't remember how much but it was very
cheap. I gave him a bag of surplus goodies from my boot. 6 way power
strip and a few USB cables IIRC.

I'm a soft touch!