Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How to get rid of ciggy/nicotine smell on PC compnent?

On 01/02/2013 14:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Lobster davidlobsterpot601@ho
tmail.com writes

Well OK, but that's a whole PC, not just one card?

Trust me, it smells. Do you smoke? If you do, you aren't aware how
unpleasant the residual smell is to non-smokers.

Nope; and certainly I hate 2nd-hand smoke as much as anybody! Just
surprised that a single PC card contained within a PC (albeit with fan)
would stink a whole room out; and personally would think it worth trying
out before going any further...

But the IPA solution does sound a good bet (hope the card still works
afterwards !--
David