Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default dish rack beside kitchen sink

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:49:45 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

-snip-

It may be more work than t's worth, but as long you do full loads and don't
rinse them clean before using the dishwasher, you save lots of water using
a DW vs. handwashing..

I would say *especially* with the new models with an 'eco' mode. My
new 'middle-of-the-line' Whirlpool has a 'sensor' mode. that quits
washing when the dishes are clean.

It does a better job in 1/2 the time of the old one. [also a
whirlpool- from the 80s]

I'm assuming it uses a lot less water- but I never measured either
one. I *know* the old one used less than I did when I was doing them
by hand-- and it did a better job than I did from the first day I wore
glasses.

Jim