Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

It's been years since I read about this, but I remember that the yellow
forms are kept at the gun store, and no copy is forwarded to BATFEABCDE.

As such, the ATF doesn't have a data base, and would not have the
information unless they showed up and copied the forms.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

I've heard that the 4473 yellow form is supposed to be stored at the gun
store, not turned in to the Fed. Not sure when the business closes. I've
also heard on the radio that BATFE guys have been known to show up and copy
or take with them the 4473.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

That's what they're SUPPOSED to do, fer chrissake. The 4473 is retained by
the dealer so that ATF can trace a gun used in a crime. They shouldn't have
to show up and copy it. They should have it in their database.

When the business is sold, the bound book is passed on to the buyer of the
business. If the business is closed, the bound book is sent to the US
Attorney General, who probably uses it for a paperweight. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress