Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How to get rid of ciggy/nicotine smell on PC compnent?

On 01/02/2013 11:26, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

I'd try it out to make sure it's working if it came from ebay, never
mind whether it smells.

I don't know why it is that so many people are so down on ebay. I think
used with care (ie to avoid the obvious scams) it's utterly brilliant.
I must have done about 700 trades over 10 years (about 70:30
buying:selling) and reckon the number of those which haven't ended up
100% satisfactory could be counted on one hand.

Eg, couple of weeks ago: I've ripped out our old fireplace and needed
rid of the old slate hearth: it was nothing special at all and weighed a
ton, so was going to have to smash it up just to take it down the dump.
Just thought it was worth trying ebay to see if someone would pay me
99p to save me the hassle - in the end somebody just drove half-way
across the country and paid me £45 (!) for it.

Yesterday: wanted to get my mum a screen protector for the iPad she just
bought at John Lewis. "Don't buy any accessories there", I said.
Couple of mouse clicks later, and the protector arrived via ebay this
morning - cost delivered: £1.49, versus £15 to £19 from John Lewis.

Etc etc. Really, what's not to like?
--
David