Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shooting, quick kill, point shooting

On 2013-01-29, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:26:53 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 21:47:27 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

[ ... ]

Try this: close your eyes, have someone make a noise, try to point
your finger at them. Open your eyes. I'll bet you'll be pointing
right at them. It may not be with X-ring target accuracy, but it'll
be close enough to get the job done at any range where self-defense is
a plausible reason to shoot -- i.e., 30 feet or less.

[ ... ]

I would not recommend use of a BB gun because the ballistics are so
different from those of a firearm. Use at least a .22 if ammo cost
is a big deal for you -- but control of recoil and muzzle flip is
important for accuracy after first round.

Granted, recoil reaction and muzzle climb are important, but won't
practice either with dry firing or bb guns still teach your muscles
and develop that precious muscle memory, too?

Dry firing does not give you the feedback as to how close to
target you came. If I'm not using the sights (and outdoors where it is
practical), I will usually shoot with my hand about level with my hip
instead of bothering to lift it to normal shooting position.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564