Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default (OT) Car coolant question

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:01:23 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
...snipped...

My 89 Caprice has lots of miles and I've never had any carb problems,
aside from the choke being a little touchy. I cant complain about the
gas milage either.

What engine does your Caprice have? I think by 89 the 305 and 350 had both
been switch to TBI but maybe a 307 was still available with a carb.

It's the 307 Olds engine. The body is a station wagon, and they seem to
have always used those engines in the wagons. Station wagons are hard
to find anymore, so I try to keep it in good shape. I've been offerred
some pretty good money for it, but I'd rather keep it since it's so
reliable, and I like the STW body. This was the last year they had a
carb. It has some electronics in the carb, there are 2 plugs on it.
Before this one, I had an 86 Olds STW. The body was almost identical,
the engine was the same, except only one elec. plug on the carb. I
still have that car for parts, but had to quit driving it when the frame
broke and was too rusty to weld, not to mention the tranny was dying.
The engine in that one still ran well, and aside from taking the
electronic ign module off of it, and the starter, it's still complete.