Leo Van Der Loo

Default Bandsaw query: adjusting pulley alignment AND belt tension?

Hi Bruce

I got the same band saw in a 4 speed model, I wanted the 4 speed for the
metal sawing setup that I made

The way the motor was bolted on the saw is not to handy for aligning etc.

So I have changed the setup on my band saw in a simple way so that there
is no problem to change speeds or tightening the v belts anymore

Bolted a 3/4" piece of plywood to the frame and bolted a old door hinge
to the motor and to 2 slots in the plywood and 2 bolds and a wedge under
the other side to adjust for belt tightness

I needed the slots for belt tightening between the jack shaft and saw
motor for the metal sawing setup, the band saw motor is just a shaft
with a pulley when sawing metal and the other motor does the metal
sawing, they (the slots in the plywood) are not needed for the normal
band saw setup

I made 3 pictures and put them on my web side if you or anyone else
wants to make an easy change to their band saw have a look

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum22.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo