Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Delvin Benet Delvin Benet is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On 1/31/2013 2:48 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:16:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:
Sorry, Chris, that this is a mess. I'm rusty and I messed it up.

Hey, Ed -

Welcome back. I *thought* this might draw you out from under your rock. Thanks for responding to Chris - even at your rustiest, your writing is very well thought out and to the point.

What you said about registration is exactly what I meant. If you can't keep track of the guns, how can you know how they are getting into the hands of the criminals? I fail to see how this places any restrictions on any law-abiding person to bear arms.

You *don't* know how the guns got into the hands of the bad guys, even
*with* registration. You don't know if it was stolen, borrowed, sold
outside dealer channels, or anything else. Besides, a gun first has to
be recovered from a criminal, but frequently they aren't - if the gun is
stolen, it will often be simply discarded or passed on to some other
criminal.

The only rationale you've given for registration is unsound.