Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default AC cover

On 1/30/2013 5:08 PM, Jim wrote:
I'm in the process of getting a new AC unit installed. Reading older
posts here I see where the primary recommendation for those of us intent
on using a cover is to make it simple. Such as a plywood square on top
only held down by bricks.

Primary intent is to keep pine needles and ice icicles away.

Any other recommendations better than the plywood method?

I just wrap a tarp around it with some looseness so it can vent.
A bicycle inner tube holds it on.

The most important part of the cover is the sticker you put on the breaker
so someone doesn't try to run it with the cover on.