Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Kindergartener Suspended For Making A Terrorist Threat

Before the internet, I read of a family of four kids,
decided to raise them gender neutral. One year they
bought four Barbie dollars for two girls and two
boys. The girls opened them up and said "you need
more make up!" which is odd, cause the Mom wore
no make up. The boys opened, took em out, and
used the dolls to begin sword fighting.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"nestork" wrote in message

ChloeP;3005525 Wrote:
They need to take responsibility for the kids upbringing, that's the
thing that affects whether or not they turn into a killer when they're
older.

I've got to disagree on that.

I'm a skeptic on the whole Nature vs. Nurture debate. A dog born to two
chihuahuas is going to grow up to be another chihuahua, not a great dane
no matter how much it's nurtured during it's formative years.

That is, I believe that many, if not most, of our personality traits are
established at birth by our DNA. Certainly it's true that each of us
lead different lives, and we all find ourselves in different situations
that require different responses on our part. However, I believe the
manner in which we respond to different circumstances is determined by
our temperment, and that in turn is largely determined by our DNA.

But I agree that some things are hard wired in our brains at birth.
Boys instinctively want to play at competitive games whereas girs
instinctively prefer co-operative games. Boys will play Cowboys and
Injuns or Cops and Robbers whereas girls get more fun out of pretending
to live in a doll house, having a make believe tea party or dressing up
Barbie in new clothes.

I fully expect this 5 year old girl was thinking that by "shooting" her
friend with a bubble, both her and her friend could both have fun
together using her Hello Kitty Bubble Gun. I don't believe for a second
there was anything sinister in the 5 year old girl's mind, and so that
psychiatric evaluation is going to turn up nothing but an ordinary
American child wanting to play with a toy.

--
nestork