Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gas water heater anode is gone....

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:34:17 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 05:56:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:25:02 -0500, wrote:

Houses should have basements - that's where water heaters belong. And
not hidden in a closet - you want them out where you can see it every
day so you see the first sign of seapage.

Right, destroy all those homes than cannot have a basement. You can
always settle those people on reservations in the Dakotas.

I wonder, with the automated heat systems that are now the norm, how
often does the average home owner go down and snoop about in the
cellar?

I spend a LOT of my time in the basement. Hardly a Cellar. Up here
the basement is VERY often finished, heated living space.