Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT, Kindergartener Suspended For Making A Terrorist Threat

In article ,
nestork wrote:

ChloeP;3005525 Wrote:
They need to take responsibility for the kids upbringing, that's the
thing that affects whether or not they turn into a killer when they're
older.

I've got to disagree on that.

I'm a skeptic on the whole Nature vs. Nurture debate. A dog born to two
chihuahuas is going to grow up to be another chihuahua, not a great dane
no matter how much it's nurtured during it's formative years.

But that is what it looks like, not how it acts. Whole different ball
of behavioral wax.

That is, I believe that many, if not most, of our personality traits are
established at birth by our DNA. Certainly it's true that each of us
lead different lives, and we all find ourselves in different situations
that require different responses on our part. However, I believe the
manner in which we respond to different circumstances is determined by
our temperment, and that in turn is largely determined by our DNA.

Maybe, but there is ample evidence that enviornment can have an impact
on DNA and how it works. Lots of evidence, for instance, that stress can
effect how genes are expressed, etc.

The twin studies over the years (these are twins separated into
different environments at birth. Some things have high concordance
between the twins and some things don't. Fascinating ****.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe